Friday, May 14, 2010

For my grandma

Today would've been my grandma's birthday and as part of DYBW I wanted to honor my heritage and specifically my grandma, with this outfit. The bracelet is one of her pearl necklaces I wrapped twice. I wore my seashell necklace because I got it on a trip to Virginia Beach and my grandma loved to travel. My grandma always called me her little ballerina (even though my parents could never afford for me to actually go to ballet classes) so anytime I see any ballet things, I automatically think of her. This is one of my favorite shirts because of that, and all the colors. I feel like grandma would've appreciated the skirt and the wedges as well. I miss her a lot but I feel like I'm carrying a piece of her with me today.


The tee came from Old Navy, the skirt from Fashion Bug, the tanks from DEB, the shoes from Clothing Warehouse and the cardigan from KMart.

No comments: